Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 19

Week 19, day 1, Rubber Boot Journalist is working on almonds, soil health, rice and walnuts this week. I also wanted to share some insights on my fiction writing process. Before I begin a book I make a story board. I first got the idea from Susan Wiggs where she does character boards which I have on one side. I cut out photos from magazines that inspire my characters. I also have a theme song for every book. I've posted pictures of the character side of my board. Tune in tomorrow for the world building side.


Week 19, day 2, Rubber Boot Journalist finished the walnut article and moved on to soil health.  Wanted to share the world building side of my character board.  On the world building side I have a map of a real town that I use for my fictional town. I also find plants, trees, wildlife anything that's in the area and paste it on to put a vision of this place in my head.  I always do fictional towns because I like making up my own places. I've always loved northern Idaho where Paradise Falls, the town in Falling For You...Again is set.





Week 19, day 3, Rubber Boot Journalist is working on soil health today.  Did you know you can learn about your soil just by handling it, feeling it, looking at the color, feeling the texture?  Also working on fiction.  One thing I love about world building creating my own towns and I love movie theaters.  Just about every book I write has a movie theater in it.  Would love to hear about a unique movie theater if you know one.





Week 19, day 3, Rubber Boot Journalist is finished on soil health today and moved on to paying bills and taxes.  Anybody do something more fun?  Digging in to fiction tomorrow and go into my fictional world into the town of Conspiracy, California.  I'm going to sit on a deck chair at a pub overlooking the Pacific Ocean and sip?  Hmmm should it be a mocha and biscotti or a Margarita and chips and salsa?





Week 19, day 5, Rubber Boot Journalist is spending the day writing fiction and starting week 20 will be writing on peaches, rice, almonds, logging and prunes.  Whew, makes me tired thinking about it.  Today I'll be in Conspiracy, California, sipping my mocha (decided it was too cold for the Margarita) writing about Nate Cole and C.J. Pulaski.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment